Come join us at The Foundry as we strive to live life to the fullest by reclaiming God’s intended reality for our lives.
Become a better you for a better world.
Mission: Better You—Better World
Vision: Reclaiming God’s Intended Reality
What We Believe
• God is Love: Father, Son, Holy Spirit
• We believe in one God who is love.
• We believe that God is generous and benevolent and gave existence to all that is.
• We believe God created humanity out of love to share love.
• We believe that God invites humanity to participate with God in guiding and shaping the ongoing expansion of creation.
• We believe God gives us free will to choose whether we will join God in the process or if we will live a life that is counter to God’s design for us.
• We believe that the original word of God is creation and that God has given us scripture to provide us with hope, peace, comfort, insight, and wisdom as we navigate this life.
• Jesus shows us what it means to have life to the fullest
• We believe that God in the form of Jesus came to teach us how to live and to show us what it means to have life to the fullest.
• Jesus came to set us free from sin and death that we may have nothing that separates us from our creator and the greater purpose for our lives.
• Bringing heaven to earth in the here and now
• We believe the world is a big beautiful place that God created for us to experience, enjoy, take care of, and to discover the presence of the divine that saturates all of it. As well as to help others do the same.
WE WANT PEOPLE TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST
Life to the fullest refers to the quality of life you lead not the amount of stuff you have. We believe that God has designed us to live an exciting, creative, and deeply connected kind of life. Life to the fullest begins with following Jesus and we want to celebrate the freedom and excitement that comes through him.
John 10:10 “I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.”
WE ARE FAMILY
Family is not perfect but we will do our best to look out for one another. Families live together, support each other, grow together, and have fun together. This is a place where we want you to experience all of these things.
John 1:12-13 “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in His name, he gave the right to become children of God- Children not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will but born of God.”
1 Corinthians 12:25-26 “So that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.”
WE ARE GENEROUS
God is generous and created a benevolent universe for us to be a part of. Generosity is not just something we try to do, it’s the very fabric of the created order. Generous living aligns us with the nature of God and the way all things have been designed to function.
Proverbs 11:24-25 “One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly but comes to poverty. A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
Luke 6:38 “Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
WE GET OUR HANDS DIRTY
God has called us to actively participate in setting the world to rights. We roll up our sleeves and join him in the reconciliation of all things both in our local community and the world.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19 “All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation. That God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sin against them And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.”
WE ARE AGENTS OF GOD’S GRACE
We believe everyone has a unique set of gifts and talents that they have been given by God. These gifts and talents are not meant to be kept for the self but to be offered for the benefit of others. As such, we become the agents through which God’s grace can be distributed. It’s pretty awesome.
1 Peter 4:10 “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.”
WE BRING HEAVEN TO EARTH
We believe we’ve been called to bring Heaven to Earth. That Heaven is not some faraway place in a distant land, the second star to the right and straight on till morning… But rather Heaven can become a present reality based on how we live in the here and now.
Matthew 6:9-10 ” This, then, is how you should pray. “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven”.
WE ARE A PEOPLE IN PROCESS
You don’t have to be perfect to be here, nobody here is. We understand that life and faith can be messy. We want to acknowledge the mess and help each other walk through it and out of it together.
Philippians 1:6 “Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing, and perfect will.”
WE BRING HOPE TO THE POOR
Poverty is not defined by a lack of material things alone. People can be poor emotionally, relationally, spiritually and financially. We want to meet people where they are and to love them the way we want to be loved.
Luke 10:8-9 “When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you. Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.'”
Psalms 82:3-4 “Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from what they have done.”