A smile for a child at Christmas
- Fill a shoebox with special items
- Each box should be for a child between the ages of 2-12.
- Wrap the box and lid separately in holiday wrapping paper and make sure to indicate whether the gift is for a boy or girl.
- Please give your $5 donation for each box to cover the cost of shipping and distribution.
Each Box Should Contain
- 2 Pencils, a pencil sharpener, and a pen
- Paper products and/or notebooks
- One set of crayons, colored pencils, or markers
- A toothbrush and toothpaste
- A comb & hair-clips, hairbands, or bows (for girls)
- One item of clothing – Socks, shorts, t-shirts, sandals or baseball caps.
- About 4 toys – Small cars, balls, dolls, stuﬀed animals, yo-yos, bubbles, jump ropes, sunglasses, harmonicas, and other small toys. Books should be bilingual and/or Spanish-only. (Please no military toys, camouﬂage, or battery-operated toys or English instructions,).
- Top oﬀ your box with a handful of hard candy such as lollipops, mints, and gum. Please do not send chocolates or other candies that can melt. Please bag all candy in a zip-lock bag.
Because the boxes are opened in group settings, we prefer each box to have similar contents. Be creative in your ﬁlling but please make an eﬀort to ﬁll them with the requested items listed. Have fun creating special boxes knowing that you’ll be providing smiles and helping to share Christ’s love with the children of Honduras.
Deadline for bringing boxes in is September 30, 2018