We believe in the one true God eternally existing in three distinct forms: the Father, the Son
We believe God is the creator of all things visible and invisible.
We believe Jesus:
- Is God’s one and only Son, the one, and only Savior
John 1:14, 1 John 4:9, John 3:16, 2 Peter 3:18
- Was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born Jesus of Nazareth, through the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, being fully human and fully divine
Matthew 1:18, Matthew 21:11, Luke 1:26-38, John 1:14, John 19:19,
Romans 5:15-17, Colossians 2:9, 1 John 1:1
- Lived a sinless life and was crucified on a cross for our sins
Hebrews 4:15, 1 Peter 2:22, Luke 23:1-46
- Died on the cross, was buried, and rose again bodily from the dead on the third day
Luke 23:44–24:8, John 20:24-29, 1 Corinthians 15:3-8
- Ascended into Heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father
Luke 22:69, Acts 1:1-9, Colossians 3:1
- Will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign as King of kings and Lord of lords.
Matthew 24:36-42, John 14:1-3, Acts 1:10-11, Act 10:39-42, 1 Peter 4:5
We believe in the Holy Spirit:
- Who is the active presence of God in the world and indwells every
Matthew 28:19, John 16:5-15, Acts 1:7-8, Romans 8:26-27, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 6:19, & 2 Timothy 1:14).
- Who empowers Christians for works of service
1 Corinthians 12:4-11
- Who empowers us to live Christ-like lives
- We believe in the Bible as God’s Holy Word, without error in its original form and inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Mark 12:36, John 14:26, John 16:12-15, Acts 1:16, 1 Corinthians 2:12-13, 2 Timothy 3:14-16, 2 Peter 1:20-21
- We accept the Bible as the final authority for all matters of faith and practice, and realize that it is profitable for teaching, correction, instruction and equipping the saints.
Isaiah 40:8, Matthew 5:18, Matthew 24:35, Romans 15:4, 2 Corinthians 4:6, Hebrews 4:12, 2 John 1:9
- Relating to Mankind – We believe the Bible teaches that man, created by God, willfully sinned against God and as a result is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
- Acts 4:12, Romans 3:23
- We believe that salvation and the forgiveness of sins come only by grace from God and are made possible through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
Matthew 26:28, Romans 5:9, Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 Peter 1:18-19, 1 John 1:7
- We believe the Bible teaches that the pattern to receive Christ as Savior is to believe in Jesus Christ as God’s Son, and as Lord and Savior of the world. To confess Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, repent of your sins, be baptized into Christ through immersion in water, and continue to grow and live in Christ.
Romans 5:1-2, Luke 24:45-47, Acts 3:19, 17:30, 2 Peter 3:9, Matthew 10:32, Romans 10:9, Philippians 2:11, 1 John 4:15, Acts 2:38, Romans 6:1-7, Galatians 3:27, Philippians 1:1, Colossians 2:12, 1 Peter 3:21
CHURCH AND FAMILY
We believe that the Church is the body and bride of Christ, founded on the day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere. Matthew 16:13-18, Acts 2:14-47
We believe in the clearly defined roles of men and women as distinctly outlined in the Bible.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14, 1 Kings 2:1-3, Proverbs 12:4, Proverbs 31:1-31, Titus 2:3-5, 1 Timothy 5:14
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture.
We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
1 Corinthians 6:18, 1 Corinthians 7:2-5, Hebrews 13:4
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography is sinful and offensive to God.
Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of The Foundry Church as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the The Foundry Church members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by The Foundry Church in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality.
Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16, 1 Thessalonians 5:22
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
Acts 3:19-21, Romans 10:9-10, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of The Foundry Church.
Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31
LEADERSHIP IN THE CHURCH
- We believe that Jesus is the Head of the church, his body and that each Christian is a part of it.
Colossians 1:18, Ephesians 1:22-23, Romans 12:3-8, 1 Corinthians 12:11-13
- We believe the Bible teaches that the elders are to exercise authority over the local congregation.
Acts 20:28, Philippians 1:1, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9,
1 Peter 5:1
We believe that death seals the eternal destiny of each person. When Christ returns, He will formally pronounce the eternal fate of each individual, both living and dead. The saved will be assigned eternal life in Heaven with God, the unsaved/lost, eternal separation from God in Hell.
John 6:39, Romans 8:10-11, Romans 19:23, John 5:29,
Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, The Foundry Church will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, the ministers and staff of The Foundry Church shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman. Finally, the facilities and property of The Foundry Church shall only host weddings between one man and one woman.
FINAL AUTHORITY FOR MATTERS OF BELIEF AND CONDUCT
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of The Foundry Church’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Eldership has The Church’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.